Page - Blog Single Column Left Sidebar
Content Management System
- Powerful & easy to use
- High performance, high capacity
- Enables to build powerful Web applications
Client is a globally active supplier of door technology products and systems. The company is the world market leader in door controls, movable walls and automatic door systems. The Company Group is subdivided structurally into five divisions: Door Control, Automatic, Glass, STA (Security / Time and Access) and Movable Walls. Company maintains major production plants in severalÂ European countries plusSingapore,Malaysia, Chinaand North andSouth America. The company has an international workforce of around 6,100 employees. The Company Group headquartered in Ennepetal, Germany, operates on an international scale with 65 wholly-owned companies in 44 different countries.
The client wanted to develop a CMS Portal for their business process. The requirement was to manage the content related to Modules, Sections & Articles. There would be three different users in the application the administrator, authors and viewers. The administrator can create new modules, sections and articles. The authors can add new modules, sections & articles if the privileges are assigned by the administrator. The modules, sections and articles created have to be approved and published by the administrator to appear in the website. The viewers can log into the website and view the articles posted if they have the view privileges. The administrator has the options to modify the home page and the sub page layouts and styles.
What We Did
To provide a well built CMS application with the below features:
- An interactive admin panel to manage the content related to modules, sections & articles
- Administrator manages two different users authors and viewers
- Assign privileges to authors & viewers based on modules, sections and articles. For authors, privileges can be assigned to add, modify, delete and view the content. For viewers only view privilege can be assigned
- The modules, sections and articles created has to be approved before publishing them in the web page
- The modules, sections and articles can be ordered in sequence before publish which would reflect in the website
- The administrator has the options to change the styles for the home page and subpage that includes banner management
- The publish would happen based on the publishing parameters maintained by them
- All users can log into the website & viewers can view the modules, sections & articles for which they are given the privileges
The benefits of the developed CMS portal would be as follows:
- Well structured system for managing the content of Modules, Sections and Articles that appears in the same hierarchy
- Well defined Users management for authors & viewers
- Privileges panel is effective and can be assigned for authors, viewers & departments for various privileges including modules, sections, articles and authors.
- Authors have the add, modify, delete and view privileges whereas viewers are restricted with only view privilege
- Articles are published only after approval and also the publishing parameters can be modified
- Options to manage the home page and sub page designs