Page - Blog Single Column Left Sidebar
Event management mobile app testing
Leading conference & event management mobile app testing
- GUI testing for application User Friendliness
- Uninterrupted experience free from error messages or crashes.
- Tested across different devices with different resolutions and OS.
- High responsiveness and compatibility
- Data flow testing for user based privileges
A pioneering India-based Internet-solution provider with worldwide presence. Their unique Full Service Provider (FSP) solutions model brings the best of the worlds Offshore Software Development, E-Business Products and Interactive Media.
Client’s requirement was to test their mobile app which is used to promote event with ease on mobile platform. The app feature includes effective schedules, session, speaker and exhibitor planning. It provides outstanding service to delegates and facilitates user to get feedback. Greater Rate of Interest for sponsors with their key logo placements, website & social media links. Interactive map locates the trade show venue & exhibitor booths.
What We Did
We started up by creating a high level plan breaking down the functionalities to be tested and derived a detailed project plan based on that thus ensuring every nook and corner are covered under testing. We created positive and negative test scenarios with robust test data to obtain maximum coverage. Finally we came up with test cases that ensure the software would fit the client’s expectations. The testing effort was distributed across different modules of the app by functionality and priority on the basis of business criticality.
We helped with executing functional testing, regression testing and end-to-end integration testing. The end-to-end integration testing covered the real-life scenarios that the end-users usually experience thus uncovering several critical bugs before release. We followed regression cycle before each major release. Thereby ensured the team to deliver the product with minimal defects and helped our client gain confidence in the app. The two major challenges we faced were grasping a complete understanding of the app functionality keeping the strict timeline in mind and also the app was built in a manner to support both Android and iOS each having their own issues which were kept in mind every time when the app was tested.
- GUI testing of the App has been completed to ensure usability and user experience.
- Data security was ensured by performing security testing.
- Based on the privileges provided by the super admin, data flow has been tested.
- Tested whether the Application can be used on all kind of devices and browsers as it is developed using the responsive design technology.
- Tests were made against creation of schedules, session, speaker and exhibitors thus ensuring the service provided to the delegates.
- News module has been tested for timeliness thus ensuring news was announced as and when they happen.
- Customized features of the has been tested to ensure creation of static pages on the app, login for the delegates and non-member login for guest users, Quick communication through social media including whatsapp communication within the delegates and help desk.